October 25, 2005

12 little plastic cups


Today I dragged a big bag containing two large and two small plastic boxes to work. In three of the boxes were twelve little plastic cups with vanilla yoghurt panna cotta and in the fourth box I kept a blackberry thing to spread over the panna cotta.

Why? You´ll see. But here´s the recipe. I found it some years ago in one of the big newspapers and I have made it several times since. My very first home made panna cotta with a "classic" recipe was a real disaster, tasted nothing but boiled cream and all the seeds were in a layer on the bottom of the cups. This yoghurt recipe is absolutely foolproof. Sorry I only have swedish measures with deciliters and liters.... I will have to improve that, or send a swedish måttsats to my visitors. Till then, a dl is 100 ml and a liter is 1000 ml.

Vanilla yoghurt panna cotta with blackberry "preserve"
Serves 6-8 (or twelve if you strain it!)

1.5 dl milk
2 dl cream, I went for full fat this time
1 dl sugar
1 whole vanilla stalk (don´t know the english word but surely you understand me) or 2 tablespoons of vanilla sugar
3 sheets of gelatin
5 dl vanilla yoghurt

Soak the gelatin in water for about 10 minutes. Bring the milk and cream to a boil with the vanilla stalk and stir in the sugar, let it dissolve. Let it cool down just a little. Fish up the vanilla, scrape out the seeds and stir them down. Squeeze out the water from the gelatin and melt it in the warm milk-cream mix. Stir in the yoghurt and fill up some nice cups or glasses and put in a cool place (i.e. the balcony in my case. -5 degrees C this morning)

Squeeze the juice out of a really fine lemon in a bowl. Dissolve 0.5-1 dl sugar in the juice (taste!). Pour it over blackberries, fresh or frozen ( I used 300-400 grams this time) stir and let it stand for a couple of hours or overnight. Serve the panna cotta with the blackberries on top.

Of course you can use other berries or jam to this, but I think the rather large and juicy blackberries are perfect companions to this smooth and slightly tart panna cotta.

1 comment:

lollicup store said...

Karat PET cold cups are sturdy, crystal clear and perfect for cold beverage options. These premium quality cups are widely used in various restaurants and cafes. Use these cups for sodas, teas, iced coffees and many more iced or frozen treats. All Karat PET cups have a resin ID of 1 and are recyclable in most places.