December 06, 2005

The Dough

We have a new family member. It is brown and lives on the balcony and we simply call it The Dough. Oh, and I see on the picture that it looks rather unappetizing. Wasn´t there some food blog contest somewhere about the worst picture? Maybe I should participate...

Anyhoo, this is much more tasty than it looks. I know, because I just tasted a lump of it. And then some more. And just a little bit more. Gingerbread dough is really really good! This one is firm and creamy, with lots of taste from cloves and cinnamon. This weekend we will transform it to stars, hearts, gingerbread men and maybe grissini, like Anne has done. And then we will have pepparkakor all year! Nice.

You know you are in possession of a good man when you on a lazy monday evening says: "shouldn´t you make gingerbread dough, so we can make cookies on saturday?" And he says: "Good point!" and rise from the comfy couch and goes to the kitchen for half an hour blending, mesauring, melting and pestle-ing (we didn´t have ground cloves at home so he had to use the mortlar), and bellowing for that matter "where´s the cloves? where´s the baking soda? do we have orange peel? we don´t have any flour! (in the cabinet, in the cabinet, no, oh yes we do behind the old bag")

So I have nothing to do with the making of this dough, but sure will help in the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you do to not get them stuck on the plate in the owen? How thin should they be, 5mm?

Pille said...

Hey - I made peppercake dough for the first time myself (usually we go for the shop bought) and it wasn't indeed difficult. I guess I got inspired by you:)

Clivia said...

no, it is easy! I didn´t make this one on my own though... On the other hand, I did most of the baking this weekend! They turned out fine - not in shape but in texture and taste. And those who broke I will use in a lingonberry cheesecake - recipe coming up in a few weeks...